Technology has changed the way we live, work, and communicate. Consumers now have access in the palm of their hand to just about any information they need. That creates an exciting opportunity for businesses and organizations. If you’re looking for new ways to reach your customers or supporters, consider a tactic that’s making the most of evolutionary technology: mobile text marketing. The experts at HardyHarris, an experiential marketing agency, want you to learn more about this tool so you can stay in front of your customers—and the competition.
Why do you need another method of communicating with your customers?
You’re probably communicating with your customers through multiple channels already. But every communications tool comes with its own set of drawbacks. For example, direct mail, newsletters, and print ads have largely been replaced by emails. And while the speed and convenience of email can’t be beat, it has also created a breeding ground for unsolicited messages, not to mention the sheer volume of messages people must go through each day. With all this in mind, mobile text messaging has emerged as a new way of contacting customers.
Why is mobile text messaging a good alternative to consider?
Imagine talking to your customers in a way that combines speed with relevance, resulting in an effective response rate. That’s what you get when you use mobile text messaging as part of your marketing strategy. Unlike traditional email subscriptions, mobile keyword subscriptions are controlled by the end user. People subscribe and unsubscribe on an opt-in basis. This level of control (along with the emerging mobile culture) have helped this type of keyword marketing reach impact levels that far exceed direct mail, email marketing, and other traditional marketing channels. In fact, successful mobile text messaging campaigns can result in a read rate as high as 90%+ and a response rate as high as 25%+.
Here are some other key advantages of mobile text messaging that email and postal mail cannot deliver:
- High impact and timely delivery
- Personal attention
- Over 90% of messages are opened
- Short messages are read in full
- Extremely high purchase rate
- Capable of creating various fun, interactive, and engaging campaigns
How do mobile keywords work?
You’ll need to work with a marketing agency like HardyHarris to set up your campaign. Our team of experts will make sure everything is set up correctly and optimized for success. The actual process itself is quite simple.
- Your marketing representative will help you choose a mobile keyword that identifies your company, organization, or campaign.
- Your audience simply sends your keyword to a short phone number (“short code”) such as 96362.
- When your keyword is texted, your customer receives an immediate automated text responder that you can customize anytime. Advertise a sale, give your customers a discount code, or send out updates on store hours or special events.
- The customer’s mobile number is instantly stored in your contact database for future mobile marketing campaigns.
How can you get started?
If you think mobile text marketing might work for your business, call HardyHarris. We’ll talk with you about your overall strategy and help you decide if this tactic is right for you.